How can I find buyers abroad? There are a lot ways to find buyers abroad depending on what you want to or are trying to sell.
In today’s era of technology, you need to recognize the significance of having an online presence as a manufacturer, supplier, exporter, wholesaler, or retailer. This means signing up and making accounts under the name of your business on different social media forums such as Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, etc.
Is that it? It also proves incredibly helpful to have a user-friendly online website where prospective buyers can view your products, communicate with your sales representatives digitally, negotiate the prices, and place sizeable orders. Back in the day, you would have had to hire an agent to represent your business within the international markets and attract overseas buyers.
World Wide Web 2022
However, things are done a bit differently nowadays as the World Wide Web has made it rather easier to indulge in profitable transactions with buyers from various parts of the world.
- To start with, there are different government organizations for promotion of different exports to different countries or regions in the world, e.g. Silk Promotion Council of India, APEDA, Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts, etc. Look for government agencies involved in your kind of product/s and seek their assistance. The bodies have become very efficient and people friendly. Also, look out for the various fairs, events and promotions carried out by these organizations and try to attend as many as possible. These give a great platform to know more about your product vis-a-vis demand in the export market.
- You can join various B2B and B2C websites as www.alibaba.com, www.exportersindia.com, email@example.com, www.ec21.com, and many more. Then you have different sites who have a certain following in specific countries. Just do a little research before you go for any subscription.
- You can also visit the consulates, embassies of different countries to know the kind of market thhe country has for your kind of products. There are a lot of buying proposals also that come through the embassies and the consulates and similar export promotion councils.
- You can also participate or attend the various international fairs happening around the world specific to the product or service you are trying to sell. You also get to interact and network with a lot of people and potential customers from all across the globe and visiting these fairs.
- You can also look into the shipping data to know the froms and tos of your product from your country and then try to pitch your product to same clients.
- You can also use the business assistance provided by social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram where you can have a large audience to market your product.
- Lastly, develop your business website because the is quite often the first point of contact between the offshore buyers get of you or your company. If you can invest some money and get services like SEO and Google Adwords done on your website than every time a potential client looks for your kind of product on the internet, your company’s website would rank high amongst the results, enabling higher response probability.
- You can also join the independent business association and bodies comprising of other participants in a similar business. A little socializing can help get you good contacts and potential foreign clients.